For over three decades, Hav-A-Lawn & Garden, Inc. has been serving Hagerstown MD with a variety of tree services. If you own a residential or commercial property and you want your trees to remain healthy and strong throughout the year, contact the professional tree specialists at Hav-A-Lawn & Garden, Inc.
Healthy trees are better equipped to handle the various elements Mother Nature throws its way. We have found that growing things is better than killing things meaning trees and shrubs that are receiving the right level of care can better survive against:
• Insect infestation
If you want high quality tree health care for your Hagerstown home or business, contact Hav-A-Lawn & Garden, Inc.
Hagerstown MD, is a Washington County city. It is the largest city in western Maryland and the 6th largest in the state. At 12.17 square miles in size, Hagerstown has a population of approximately 40,000 residents. Hagerstown is about 70 miles from both the bustling cities of Baltimore and Washington D.C.
Back in the 1762, a man named Jonathan Hager had come to the area and started acquiring a lot of land. A gunsmith, fur trader, farmer and politician, Hagar had the means to purchase over 10,000 acres of land and began creating a plan for a town. He originally called the town Elizabethtowne after his wife but he eventually changed it to Hagerstown.
During the 19th century, coinciding with the extension of railroad lines, Hagerstown became a major hub for industry and commerce. In fact, Hagerstown was known as Hub City and freight trains had more of an impact than passenger trains.
Hagerstown is home to 20 beautiful parks. Whether folks want to enjoy a picnic on a park bench or admire the manmade lakes, Hagerstown will have the park for you. Some of the parks in the city are:
• City Park – This historic park is considered the best in Hagerstown. Along with playgrounds and walking trails, City Park is home to the Hager House & Museum which is the original homestead of Jonathan Hager. Other notable sites are the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, the Hagerstown Railroad Museum and the Mansion House Art Center.
• Hellane Park – This park is ideal for an afternoon under the sun. There is a playground, pavilion, a basketball court and a sports field.
• Fairgrounds Park – The city’s largest park, Fairgrounds Park is home to the 4th of July Fireworks Celebration and the Harvest Hoedown.
The downtown area of Hagerstown has had a recent rebirth and finds itself welcoming residents and visitors alike to many great annual events. Regardless of the time of year, there is always an event coming up on the calendar. Some of the events in Hagerstown include:
• Augustoberfest – This annual festival is a tribute to the German heritage of western Maryland. Folks love to experience the traditional music, food and music.
• Alsatia Mummers' Halloween Parade – This October event is actually the largest nighttime parade on the East Coast.
• Downtown Live! – From live reggae to rock, this series of music and entertainment shows occur many times a year in Hagerstown.
Tree Service in Hagerstown MD
Whether you are spending time enjoying the outdoors or you want your weekends to be more relaxing, Hav-A-Lawn & Garden, Inc. will help take the tree care chore off your list. Our tree specialists are highly trained and skilled so you can expect them to maintain the health of your ornamentals in the most environmentally safe way.
For a customized and strategic approach to tree care, call Hav-A-Lawn & Garden, Inc. and start watching your trees and plants not just survive, but thrive.